Symposium International "Ecology of Aphidophaga" – Early registration before June 15
The early registration has been extended for the 14th International Symposium "Ecology of Aphidophaga" which will take place in Montreal (Quebec), Canada from September 16 to 20, 2019. Take advantage of the reduced rate by registering by June 15, 2019: http://www.aphidophaga14.uqam.ca/registration-fees/#Registration
"Ecology of Aphidophaga is a working group of the International Organization for Biological Control (IOBC). More information is available on our website: https://www.aphidophaga14.uqam.ca/
Come and talk with colleagues from around the world. Currently, registered participants come from 12 different countries: Argentina, Canada, Chile, China, Spain, United States, France, Greece, India, Portugal, Czech Republic, Serbia.
Several distinguished colleagues have agreed to give a plenary lecture (45 min) during the symposium: http://www.aphidophaga14.uqam.ca/program/#Invited%20keynote%20lectures
· Dr. Jay A. Rosenheim (USA, California) - "On the origin of crop pests: theory and a test with pests of California crops"
· Dr. Audrey Grez (Chile) - "Beyong borders: landscape effects on coccinellid abundance, composition and function".
· Dr. George Heimpel (USA, Minnesota) - "Aphid biological control as a conservation science"
· Dr. Rose Buitenhuis (Canada, Ontario) - "Systems approach to aphid IPM in greenhouse horticulture: how research is translated into production practices"
· Dr. J.P. Michaud (USA, Kansas) - "How do outbreaks of invasive aphids affect permanent arthropod communities?"
In addition, we will have sessions on several other topics. Oral presentations or acceptable posters should address one or more themes related to the natural enemies of aphids: http://www.aphidophaga14.uqam.ca/program/#Talks%20&%20posters
We hope that the upcoming symposium will be of interest to you and look forward to welcoming you to Montreal. Please forward this message to all colleagues and students who may be interested.
Local Organizing committee
E. Lucas, G. Labrie, A. E. Gagnon, D. Cormier, O. Aubry, J. E. Maisonhaute
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org